Wednesday, 16 September 2009

In the holidays...

In the summer holidays I went to a really picturesque place called Chatsworth House. I went on the 3rd of September to the 7th as on this weekend it was the Chatsworth
Country Show. We had been 2 times before and really enjoyed it and hope to continue going in the future. It is such a wonderful place and is suitable for all ages.






We stayed in our caravan on a site in Buxton
which was about 1/2 hour from Chatsworth House itself. (We stayed there the year before and it was a nice site) The show was open Friday and ended on Sunday. We didn't go on Saturday we went round Buxton instead.

On Friday we got to see lots of old fashioned cars and army vehicles which were very nice to look at. The cars had really intricate details which I took lots of pictures of. One of which was the grill on the front which had a racing checkered flag behind it. It sounds odd but it was actually quite cool. There was this really peculiar stall which was actu
ally there the previous year and we purchased something from the stall holder. The guy behind the stall was a gift decorator. It was this thing where you put the ribbon in this special cutter and it makes lots of strands. Its too complicated to explain but it looked cool. We bought the cutter last year and had no idea how to use it but he was really helpful and made me and my mum some ribbon flowers. I will bring them in if you ask me in the lessons. Its pretty cool.

The country show is for anyone really but you have to be prepared for mud, freebies and traditional english cuisine and culture. It is so hard to fit everything in becuase it is so action packed! There was old rides
such as helter skelters and big wheels... There was a big marching band on the main ring and grey hound racing. People giving you talks on why to buy the "BEST PRODUCT EVER" it is so good and the perfect long weekend get away.


On the saturday we decided not to go to the show and to explore the local area. We went into Buxton in the morning and wandered around the little quaint shops. (I love towns like these) We went back for lunch and then we went to this place called Poole's Cavern. It was basically a deep cave in the countryside hills with lots and lots of crystals. It was really cool and not as cold as expected. There was one big crystal that wasn't touched and looked fantastic. The tour guide asked me what I thought it looked like because we had to name all of the funny looking crystals. I decided to call it cauliflower cheese. He laughed at me and so did the other people on the tour. ( It was soooooo embarrasing!!)



That night we went into a place called Matlock. This was becuase we had found out that they were having there illuminations lighting that night and it was a big event. They had also got characterised bats lit up and having a competition on which one looked the best along the canal. It was fantastic. We got some great pictures. This was a really good evening and its a shame we cant do things like that in Bolton. They had typical fairground rides there aswell.

I hope you had fun reading my action packed post and feel free to write any comments or quieries. I will be uploading pictures soon

Bye for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been to chatsworth house, but not the country show. The house itself is amazing, and the gardens surrounding it are beautiful!!!
    But most of all, there was a cool fountain hidden in the garden, it is a metal bud that fills with water,and as it fills, weights move and open up the bud into a huge flower/fountain so cool ..... but repetative

    ReplyDelete
  2. well next year we plan on going into the house as the pictures did look amazing. I hope its as good as you say it is.

    ReplyDelete